225 Old Street
Ashton under Lyne
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide care to thousands of people every day. In fact our community and mental health services support around 2.4 million patient contacts each year across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford.
As well as looking after our patients, we look after our 5,500 staff, and we’re proud to be listed in the HSJ and Nursing Times ‘Top 120 Places to Work’ list (2015). Staff are supported to continue their professional development with relevant training and progression opportunities.
Everything we do is underpinned by five meaningful CARES values:
Compassionate Accountable Responsive Effective Safe
These shape how we work, define what we stand for and show everyone what Pennine Care is all about.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. We have vibrant city life in one direction and rolling green countryside in the other – the best of both worlds!
Mental health services include:
- Working-age adult inpatient and community services including crisis resolution and home treatment, assertive outreach and early intervention older people’s inpatient and community services.
- Community-based drug and alcohol services.
- Community-based child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS).
- Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
- Some low secure care intensive rehabilitation services.
Our community services provide a wide range of treatment and care for the whole community, helping to keep people out of hospital and ensuring that they receive the highest quality care.
Community services include:
- Health visiting and school nursing
- District nursing
- Sexual health services
- Cancer and end of life care
- Long term conditions management
- Health improvement and wellbeing
- Learning disabilities
We also provide dozens of other services and speciality care in a community setting, delivered by thousands of doctors, nurses, therapists and others.
web site October 2012