Coreys Mill Lane
- Telephone number
- 01438 314333
Who are we?
East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust is a very special organisation. Our teams are amazing, and this has been demonstrated even more so during the unprecedented challenge brought by the Covid-19 pandemic. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
About our four hospitals
Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- provides a full range of outpatient, inpatient, emergency, maternity and diagnostic services
- have a designated trauma centre
- provide a 24/7 heart attack service
- have the biggest renal dialysis service in the region
- are working to become a hyper acute stroke unit
- are the only robotic urology surgery training organisation in the country
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood
- have an international reputation for providing the very highest standards of cancer care and research
- have some of the most advanced cancer treatment services in the country, investing £25 million to ensure we have some of the best equipment
Hertford County Hospital, Hertford and QEII Hospital, Welwyn Garden City
- Provides outpatient, antenatal and diagnostic services for local people.
- 24/7 urgent care centre at the QEII, where £30 million is being invested in building a new hospital with beautiful, modern facilities.
Why are we special?
Our strong links with the University of Hertfordshire and Cambridge University…
These strong links mean that our staff are supported and encouraged to further their personal development. Our relationship with the Universities allows the Trust to invest in its staff, providing fantastic training and development.
Our People Strategy sets out our ambitions to enable us to become even better than we are today and staff engagement and empowerment is key to this. We recognise our staff achievement at our annual staff awards and our clinical and corporate services and developments have also been recognised nationally.
This recognition includes:
- Lister robotic urology service has been named a Network Institution by the Vattikuti Foundation
- Diabetes team winning the Inpatient Care Initiative category at the Quality in Care Diabetes Award for the outreach diabetes service
- Our HR team winning the best HR team category, as well as the overall winners award at the Healthcare People Management Association’s annual awards
- The Engagement team won three awards at the NHS Sustainability Awards in the community, public health and overall categories