The Royal Marsden Hospital was the first hospital in the world dedicated to cancer treatment and research into the causes of cancer. Today the hospital with its academic partner, The Institute of Cancer Research, forms the largest comprehensive cancer centre in Europe with over 40,000 patients from the UK and abroad seen each year.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is ranked as one of the top NHS trusts in the country in the NHS national performance rankings. In October 2009, The Healthcare Commission’s Annual Health Check gave The Royal Marsden the highest score of 'excellent' for quality of services and financial management for the fourth year in a row.
The Trust provides inpatient, day care and outpatient services for all areas of cancer treatment. The Trust pioneers and innovates in all areas of cancer treatment. It is a leader in its field, striving for excellence. Its unique relationship with The Institute of Cancer Research assists the development of new treatments and brings benefits to patients as quickly as possible.
What gives us our leading edge?
- Holistic care programmes from diagnosis, through all treatments to recovery or palliative care
- Pastoral and psychological care for patients and relatives
- Dedicated and highly skilled staff
- Specialist research centre with the largest drugs trial unit in Europe
- Training more post-registration cancer nurses than any other UK hospital
- One of the largest UK training schemes for oncologists
- Education services for GPs
- Consistently meets all targets for quality, performance, financial management
- The only NHS trust in the country to be awarded the highest rating in the NHS national performance rankings three years in a row
List jobs with Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust in Nursing and midwifery