Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Staff Nurses required to join our committed nursing team on Gate 33A. This ward is a busy 28 bedded burns and plastic surgery ward; with 20 ensuite rooms and 2 four bedded bays along with an Adult Burns Clinic run on the ward. North Bristol Trust is the Regional unit for Burns, and the major trauma centre for Plastic and reconstructive surgery for the Southwest of England. You will be based at our state-of-the art £450m Southmead Hospital with a basic salary of between £22.1k and £28.7k (AFC Band 5) – depending on experience.
- Work within our Regional Burns unit and Major Trauma centre
- Be part of our plastic reconstruction team which is one of the best in the Country
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team alongside 19 burns and plastic surgery consultants
- Work in our ward based Adults burns clinic with future opportunities to run the clinic.
- We offer ward and Trust based in house teaching with opportunities to attend university based courses
- Opportunities to work towards specialist nurse roles.
- Offering short or long shifts , full or part time
- Career development - the option for bespoke rotation packages across specialties, and a well-structured and supported preceptorship programme to help you achieve your career aspirations and realise your full potential.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and a rich history.
THE ROLE – Key duties will include:
- Working with patients who have undergone emergency or elective reconstructive surgery for trauma related injuries, cancer, burns and other minor/major injuries
- Being responsible for coordinating and providing complete care to allocated patients and work as a part of the team
- Participate and or carry out small to complex dressing changes in wound management
- Working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team, including Therapists and Psychologists, doctors and specialty nurses.
- To be actively involved in their own development and supporting junior member s of the team in their development
- Supporting patients and their families during their stay
- To work in Adult Burns clinic
- To strictly adhere to local and trust wide Infection Control policy and procedures
YOU: The successful Staff Nurse will be:
- A Registered Nurse with active NMC registration
- Flexible and willing to undertake internal rotation to night duty and weekends
- Team player
- Experienced in an Acute Hospital setting which is desirable but not essential
- Hardworking with the drive to go the extra mile
Apply now! Or contact email@example.com / 01174 145 980 for more information.
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks!
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01174 145 980 for more information.