We are looking for a Band 6 Specialist Practitioner - District Nurse to work within our District Nursing team based in Peterborough for a secondment until December 2019. You will be working as part of the Neighbourhood Team which includes Community nurses (RN), Advanced Clinical Nurses Practitioner, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health Nurses, other Mental Health Professionals and Team Coordinators. You will link closely with colleagues outside of CPFT including General Practitioners to support excellent nursing care at home, reducing the necessity of acute hospital admission.
We welcome applications from Nurses with current community nursing skills and experience or willingness to undertake. We are keen to support and develop our employees through a clear career pathway and encourage promotional opportunities within the Trust.
We are looking for people who:
- Have significant experience of working within the Community
- Are able to demonstrate a commitment to high quality care and service provision
- Have the ability to work flexibly and as part of a team
- Have the ability to assess and formulate care plans
- Are able to teach and support student Nurses and Health Care Assistants
- Have enhanced communication and inter personal skills
You will be responsible for:
- Keeping the patient at the centre of care, ensuring patient and carer participation in decision making
- Providing a high standard of care
- Providing a high standard of nursing intervention within a patient's own home, with access to Specialist and Advanced Practitioners when required.
- Working as part of a 24/7 service and a multidisciplinary team.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply. The positions available for the successful candidates will be required to be flexible to work within any of the Peterborough area Neighborhood teams with the ability to travel to a variety of locations.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Neighbourhood Team Manager
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01223 884251