There has never been a better time to come and work at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust was formed on 1 July 2018 to bring together our five hospitals – in Derby, Burton, Lichfield and Tamworth – to provide the highest quality care to patients across southern Derbyshire and south east Staffordshire.
With over 12,000 members of staff you can expect huge variety and new opportunities every day! Our staff go above and beyond and take pride in caring for our patients.
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust is fully committed to promoting inclusion, equality, diversity and human rights in employment and delivery of its services. The Trust is committed to providing an environment where all employees, patients, carers and visitors experience equality of opportunity by means of understanding and appreciating the value of diversity.
As a Trust we promote an inclusive environment and welcome applications from a diverse pool of talent and backgrounds. All individuals are valued and given every opportunity to succeed based on merit.
The Trust actively encourages applications from members of our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities. These groups are under-represented in our organisation, and it’s important to us that our workforce reflects the diversity of our communities as much as possible.
Join us and help make a real difference to our Trust.
Here’s more about the role and what we’re looking for;
University Hospitals of Derby & Burton are pleased to offer some exciting opportunities for Newly Qualified Nursing Associates. This opportunity is open to all Nursing Associates who have their NMC registration.
We believe that having studied hard for your qualification, you have demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment, and we look forward to benefiting from your knowledge, skills and most importantly your vision.
We pride ourselves on providing excellent support to our newly registered staff by offering a comprehensive preceptorship programme, which aims to facilitate the transition of the Trainee Nursing Associate to the role of Nursing Associate qualified practitioner by supporting the development of essential knowledge and skills.
Our preceptorship programme is well established and successful: we guide and support all newly registered staff and ensure you have a structured period of transition to support you throughout your career. Through your preceptorship program you will have access to a range of support from our education team across the divisions with access to action learning sets.
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust is the principal provider of acute hospital services for the residents of Derby, Burton upon Trent and surrounding areas including South Staffordshire, South Derbyshire and North West Leicestershire.
Our vision is ‘Taking Pride in Caring’. To achieve this we seek to attract the best staff to join our team with the right values, skills, energy, passion and commitment. We are proud of the caring compassionate way we care for our patients. We have a national reputation as a centre of excellence for many of our clinical specialties.
If you are passionate about shaping and developing the patient care of the future, then the Trust would welcome applications from all motivated and dedicated individuals.
In return we will offer:
- A variety of flexible working options
- The opportunity to work across specialities and rotations
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 23 January 2020
Interview Date: 5 February 2020
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Laura Congrave on 01283 566333 ext 4224
If you have problems applying, contact
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
Recruitment Team, Workforce Management
Training Centre, Rehab Block, Level 3,
Royal Derby Hospital