Level 8A East is a friendly 24 bedded, mixed sex, Trauma & Orthopaedic Ward. The ward is extremely busy catering for a variety of injuries including fractures, soft tissue trauma and cellulitis.
Injuries can vary from relatively minor lacerations to complex road traffic trauma patients offering nurses a chance to develop skills in high dependency nursing. There is a wide age range amongst our clients who include many elderly patients affording excellent experience in basic nursing care, rehabilitation and complex discharge planning.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring nurse with recent acute experience or newly qualified to join our team. We are a very supportive team and can offer a structured Orientation Programme and are happy to give you help and guidance to develop.
There are various study days and courses held within the Trust and with Brighton & Sussex University to support your learning.
Informal visits are welcome and encouraged
- Posts in the Trust are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Criminal Records Bureau to check for any previous criminal spent and unspent convictions, reprimands, and cautions.
- Appointment to this role will commence at the lowest salary point unless confirmed otherwise by HR Employment Services (Recruitment, Administration & Terms and Conditions)
- We may also use this advert to build our Bank staff. If you are unsuccessful at interview for a substantive role but meet the BSUH standards you may be offered a bank post.
- If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
- We are proud to be able to offer a variety of flexible working options and contracts. For further information please refer to the Flexible Working for Registered Nurses document which is attached to this advert.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Louise Cross on ext 4346
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01444 448692 / 448616