The Haematology unit is delighted to advertise full time band 6 vacancy.
The unit consists of an acute 10 bedded ward and a 6 chaired day care specialising in Haematological disorders, including administration of chemotherapy, blood products, venepuncture and cannulation.
Care also includes caring for the acutely ill i.e. Neutropenic septic patients, as well as post bone marrow transplant / immuno-compromised patients. We are looking for dynamic, motivated individuals keen to build or expand on their knowledge and skills to join our team.
The ward and day unit is a busy, acute area that has a high ratio of Level 2 patients with all aspects of malignant and non-malignant blood disorders.
Internal rotation between ward and day unit as well as night duty will be necessary, as well as occasional rotation to the Haematology/Oncology Day Unit at PRH.
You will need to have:
- Recent experience in Haematology/cancer nursing (essential)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Cancer nursing pathway or equivalent post registration qualification in cancer care (desirable)
- Intravenous Cytotoxic administration skills(Essential)
- Cannulation, Venepuncture skills(Essential)
- Posts in the Trust are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal spent and unspent convictions, reprimands, and cautions.
- Appointment to this role will commence at the lowest salary point unless confirmed otherwise by HR Employment Services (Recruitment, Administration & Terms and Conditions)
- We may also use this advert to build our Bank staff. If you are unsuccessful at interview for a substantive role but meet the BSUH standards you may be offered a bank post.
- If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lucy Armstead firstname.lastname@example.org 01273 696955 ext 63806
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01444 448692 / 448616