Community Nurse - Out of Hours (Twilight shift). Are you interested in working in the community on a twilight service? If so we can offer a varied and interesting community nursing experience in a well-supported environment. Joining our team will mean you will be pivotal in providing a quality, responsive and well-coordinated service to our housebound patients in the St Albans, Harpenden and surrounding areas.
We offer a variety of flexible working opportunities, full or part time positions, dependent on experience, including days and evenings.
You will need community experience as the twilight service runs out of hours, delivering unplanned care to patients. We have 2 Locality Clinical Leads that will support your development. The team covers 7 days a week service during the hours 8am -10pm and therefore a flexible approach to working is required. We are looking for staff who would like to work 5-10pm shifts, times can be negotiated. Individuals will be committed to team work, have good communication and decision making skills.
We can offer you:
- High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,017 and a maximum payment of £1,762 per annum (pro rata where applicable)
- Generous contributory pension
- A training and education programme
- Regular appraisals with personal development planning
- Bi-monthly clinical supervision
- 1:4 weekends (with the ability to work overtime should you wish)
- No nights
- Free parking at base and a residential permit for when you are on visits
- Minimum of 27 days annual leave (increases with NHS service)
- Car lease scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
A full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Deputy Locality Manager