Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust was formed in April 2001
We provide comprehensive district general hospital services and services for the elderly throughout Central Nottinghamshire at our four hospital sites - King's Mill Hospital, Newark Hospital, Mansfield Community Hospital and Ashfield Community Hospital.
We have an annual income and expenditure of over £100 million and employ around 3,400 staff, as well as benefiting from the time given by more than 1,000 volunteers.
Each year, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust:
- Treats more than 70,000 inpatients
- Cares for an estimated 100,000 people in Accident & Emergency
- Undertakes more than 20,000 day case procedures
- Sees more than 240,000 people in its outpatient clinics
- Deals with an estimated 35,000 emergency admissions
- An estimated 10,000 children are patients at the Trust and around 3,000 babies are born at King's Mill Hospital.