General Medical Council
350 Euston Road
The purpose of the General Medical Council (GMC) is to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public by ensuring proper standards in the practice of medicine.
The law gives us four main functions under the Medical Act 1983:
- keeping up-to-date registers of qualified doctors
- fostering good medical practice
- promoting high standards of medical education and training
- dealing firmly and fairly with doctors whose fitness to practise is in doubt.
We have five core organisational values which underpin everything we do:
- We protect the public through the work that we do.
- We treat everyone fairly.
- We are honest and strive to be open and transparent.
- We are committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- We are a listening and learning organisation.
These values form the basis on which our organisation operates. We want every decision we make, every interaction we have and every email we write to embody our values.
Each of our actions demonstrates our character and beliefs as an organisation. It's important that each member of our team acts in a way that is consistent with our values, in a way that models the principles that we believe in.
web site January 2013
General Medical Council presently has no vacancies listed in our database.