Croydon University Hospital
530 London Road
- Telephone number
- 0208 401 3000
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside and others throughout Croydon.
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff, who respect you as an individual
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff who work well together in clean clinics and hospitals
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians who listen to you and keep you informed
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
All staff are expected to demonstrate a considerate and respectful attitude.
You are the difference –Staff Pledges
* I will always introduce myself to patients and other staff “Hello my name is”
* If I see that someone looks like they need help, assistance or they look lost – I will always ask – Can I help you?
* If I can’t help you I will always ensure that I refer you to someone who can
* If I see behaviour that is inappropriate I will feel empowered and supported to always challenge it
Equality remains at the centre of all Trust policy making, service delivery and employment practice with all employees being given equality of opportunity to develop, apply for promotion and have working arrangements that enable them to achieve a manageable work-life balance.
The Trust actively promotes a work environment free from harassment and discrimination and provides training for managers and staff to ensure this happens. The Trust also closely monitors recruitment activity, training and development and employment practices to ensure equality of practice with regard to race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status and age, and any other protected characteristic in line with the Equality Act 2010.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE MADE ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK APPLY AT THE END OF THE ADVERT AND REGISTER WITH THIS SITE AS DIRECTED***
Applicants are advised to check their email accounts regularly. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted.