Ransom Wood Business Park, Southwell Road West
Our aims and strategic objectives are:
AIM 1: Ensure best quality within available resources (incorporating safety, effectiveness and patient experience)
Our aim is that home and community are the default care settings where appropriate. People prefer to be at home where possible and receive support to maintain as much independence as possible. Hospital stays can quickly reduce confidence and mobility, so people should only be taken to hospital when they have acute medical needs. People should also experience high quality, dignified care.
- Move care closer to home where possible. In 2017/18 we aim to reverse the moves towards hospital use that took place in recent months as follows:
5% reduction in GP Referrals
8% reduction in 1st Outpatients Appointments
6% reduction in Follow-Up Outpatient Appointments
8% reduction in Elective Admissions
11% reduction in Non-Elective Admissions
14% reduction in A&E Attendances
AIM 2: Ensure best service design
- Commission care in centres of excellence where this is safer and more clinically and financially effective.
- Work with local authorities, commissioners and providers to maximise the use of collective resources and integrate care.
- Ensure that services are sustainable and reflect the commitment of the CCGs to workforce and organisational development.
- Commission services that tackle health inequalities.
- Promote independence and self-care where appropriate.
AIM 3: Ensure partnership working to achieve the safest and most effective services within available resources
- Ensure a wide range of clinicians from primary, community and hospital settings are actively engaged in the commissioning process.
- Work with residents, local government, commissioners and providers to maximise use of public sector resources and to achieve best local services, working through the Mid-Nottinghamshire Alliance where possible.
NHS Nottingham & Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group (formerly NHS Newark & Sherwood Clinical Commissioning Group) presently has no vacancies listed in our database.