Eastbourne District General Hospital
- Telephone number
- 01323 417400
We are an acute hospitals organisation, covering East Sussex and also providing care to patients from adjacent counties, and visitors to this area.
The trust has two district general hospitals, Conquest Hospital in St. Leonards-on-Sea and Eastbourne District General Hospital, both with 24 hour emergency departments.
The majority of their services are provided from these hospitals. However they also provide services at Bexhill, Crowborough, Hailsham, Rye and Seaford
Mission and Values
Patients come first at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
We work in partnership with commissioners, other providers, our staff and volunteers as part of a locally focused and integrated network of health and social care in the county.
Our vision is to be:
- The healthcare provider of first choice for the people of East Sussex.
Our mission is to:
- Deliver better health outcomes and an excellent experience for everyone we provide with healthcare services.
Our strategic objectives are to:
- Improve quality and clinical outcomes by ensuring that safe patient care is our highest priority.
- Play a leading role in local partnerships to meet the needs of our local population and improve and enhance patients’ experiences.
- Use our resources efficiently and effectively for the benefit of our patients and their care to ensure our services are clinically, operationally and financially sustainable.
Our aims are that all services delivered by the Trust are:
- Responsive and
- Well led
Services we provide
A comprehensive range of general acute hospital services from two main district general hospitals - Conquest Hospital in St. Leonards-on-Sea and Eastbourne District General Hospital. Both hospitals provide acute medical, surgical, paediatric and maternity care, plus a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapy back up.
- Emergency department services at both Conquest Hospital and Eastbourne District General Hospital.
- Outpatient services and day surgery from Bexhill Hospital.
- Midwife-led services at Crowborough Birthing Centre.
- Outpatient services at Rye, Winchelsea and District Memorial Hospital.
Facts and figures
- Over 78,000 patients used our emergency departments.
- More than 145,000 people attended an outpatient appointment
- 3144 women became mothers by delivering 3182 babies.
- 85.39% of the 54,422 patients undergoing elective surgery had their operations as day cases and returned home on the same day.
- In 2016/17 there were 54,422 elective primary procedures carried out and of these 46,470 were undertaken as day cases.
- Our community nurses supported 15,870 patients.
- We performed almost 290,000 radiological examinations and therapeutic procedures.
- Over 6 million pathology tests were carried out.
Over 7,000 full and part-time staff make East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust one of the largest employers in the county of East Sussex.
The work of the trust is supported by around 1,000 volunteers and generous support from the Friends of their hospitals and other local charities.
Source - Trust Website
List jobs with East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust in Nursing and Midwifery