Working in the only private interventional suite in Kent, your role as Deputy Interventional Suite Manager will be to manage a diverse patient load while ensuring your staff are guided, trained and monitored throughout their practice.
Whether you are an experienced manager looking for your next challenge or currently working in a lead role but are ready to further enhance your skills, this could be a great opportunity to contribute to the growth of the department and hone your leadership skills.
Supporting our Interventional Suite Manager with the day-to-day running of the lab, you will be working to guarantee a smooth and efficient end-to-end patient pathway, from pre-assessment to recovery for our private patients coupled with our NHS contracts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To provide operational management of the intervention suite and support areas including the recovery and pre-assessment functions of the lab
- In conjunction with the interventional suite manager, lead the clinical staff in the management of the day to day revenue recapture and cost controls
- Participate and lead the training and development of staff in the interventional suite
- Maintain relationships with Consultant Cardiologists and Consultant Radiologist
- Able to scrub for a caseload of patients undergoing Cardiac Catheterisation and Complex PCI cases plus cardiac EP and Pacing cases including CRT devices.
- Competent to scrub for more complex cases for example proceed to PCI, Insertion of IABP, IVUS and pressure wire studies
To be successful in this role you will be absolutely patient focussed, with a desire and proven ability to lead others to deliver healthcare at its best. A strong and empathetic leader who is able to gain the trust and support of their Team, lead and embrace change and engage with stakeholders at all levels. You will also:
- Be a Registered Practitioner with extensive post-registration clinical experience within a Cath Lab
- Experience of working in a busy cardiac catheter laboratory, assisting with pacing, angiogram, PCI and Electrophysiological studies
- Significant knowledge of clinical governance and its application
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further details / informal visits contact
If you want to progress your career and contribute to the overall success of KIMS Hospital, apply now! On the other hand, come and see for yourself, have a tour and meet the team.
If you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help