Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner - East
These are the values that we live by at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Please find attached the behaviour framework that underpins these values for this job role.
Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner-BHFT- Berkshire
A Monday-Friday working pattern is just one of the attractions of a PWP role with Talking Therapies.
We are looking for a qualified B5 Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner to join our friendly team. We cover six localities across the county, all within about 40 minutes of our central hubs in Bracknell and Reading.
**At the moment, due to Covid-19, we are all remote working, so this position for the foreseeable future will be remote. However your base will be down as: Bracknell. As an organisation remote working is something we are continuously reviewing and considering for the longer term to support flexibility for our staff. **
We are an IAPT service that leads on innovation, boasting a new preceptorship programme for our staff, allowing them to have a clear progression plan and develop in their career with us. A clear example of this is our recent promotion of 5 PWPs, into senior positions all of whom were internal staff.
About the job:
- Providing high volume low intensity interventions using cognitive behavioural therapy for mild to moderate anxiety and depression
- Opportunities to support those with long term health conditions and those with employment issues alongside our fantastic employment support team
- Opportunities to support a diverse population of patients
- Facilitating group sessions
- Yearly training opportunities -for example working with long term health conditions. We recently were able to offer four of our qualified PWPs the opportunity to get involved with a brand-new social anxiety training programme
- Opportunities to support new staff members and provide supervision. Every year we are lucky to be able to offer supervisor training to qualified PWPs alongside Reading University
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- One of the only IAPT services to offer a preceptorship programme for career progression
- A leading service on digital therapy. A pilot service for virtual reality for the treatment of phobias and part of the global extemporal programme-instrumental leaders in digital innovation
- Large focus on wellbeing of staff with our very own wellbeing network team
Essential criteria to be shortlisted for this role:
- Post graduate certificate in evidence based psychological treatments (IAPT pathways)
- Car driver
- Willing to work two 12-8pm shifts per week (the rest either 8-4pm or 9-5pm, no late shifts on Fridays)
We also welcome those who can offer therapy in other languages, although not essential for this role.
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we would recommend you apply today and we very much look forward to hearing from you.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call: Sophie Gale on: 0300 365 2000 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sophie Gale
- Email address
- Telephone number