ICU Bank Staff Nurse - ICU Band 5
Competitive - Hourly Rate
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Bank Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit , Band 5,
So, you’re eager to learn more about working as a Bank Nurse in the ICU at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our intensive care unit is a purpose built 48-bedded unit within one of the UK’s first £450 million super-hospitals, achieving excellent outcomes including some of the highest trauma survival rates in the country.
- Our ICU unit is within a Major Trauma Centre, providing regional care for major trauma, neurosurgery, vascular, surgery, renal transplants, burns and plastic surgery, as well as complex elective surgery and medical patients.
- Our values mean we are passionate about great care at North Bristol Trust and our patients know our primary focus is to provide ‘Exceptional Healthcare, Personally Delivered’
- State of the art facilities- you will be based within our award winning Brunel building, which has recently won Best Acute Hospital Development at the 2017 Building Better Healthcare Awards in London and Best Healthcare Design over 25,000sqm at the European Healthcare Awards
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
But it’s not just our Trust which is exciting; our Trust Nursing bank is innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- As an NBTextra nurse you can work flexibly to suit your individual circumstances.
- Our NBTeXtra nurses are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support. We also have competitive rates available for shifts Trust wide
- £17.01* per hour – Week Days
- £21.55* per hour - Nights and Saturdays
- £26.09* per hour – Sundays and Bank Holidays
*All rates are inclusive of annual leave allowance
- You will increase your skill set by working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver all aspects of patient care, and you’ll work with consultants, junior doctors, AHPS, You will receive paid orientation and induction (2 days on site induction (social distancing observed) and e-learning accessible from home).
- All NBTextra nurses receive free uniform
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Do you…
- Hold RN (adult) registration with current NMC license to practice
- Have recent acute hospital experience within the last 18-24 months Including ICU experience
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a 2 week induction programme if successful
- Have Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
- Contact us to find out more: NBTeXtra@nbt.nhs.uk or 0117 414 6000
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Contact us to find out more: NBTeXtra@nbt.nhs.uk or 0117 414 6000