Bank - Theatre Nurse- Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery
Competitive - Hourly Rate
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Main duties of the job
So, you’re eager to learn more about bank Anaesthetic, Scrub and Recovery Nursing opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our Theatre department is the Major Trauma centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics. We host 34 Theatres, delivering both elective and emergency surgery, supported by 72 Medirooms.
- An innovative concept in healthcare, our Medirooms combine the traditional recovery, day-case, same day and admission areas into a single patient room environment, specifically designed to enhance patient experience by improving the level of privacy and dignity that these areas were traditionally able to offer. Patients also benefit from continuity of care as they are admitted, recovered and discharged/transferred by the same Mediroom team.
- We are based within the award-winning Brunel building at Southmead Hospital. Our state-of-the-art facilities have led us to obtain multiple awards, including the best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Design Awards.
But it’s not just our Theatre department which is exciting; our Trust bank, NBTeXtra, is innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- As an NBTeXtra Nurse, you can work flexibly to suit your individual circumstances.
- Our NBTeXtra Nurses’ are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support. We also have competitive rates available:
- £17.01* per hour – Weekdays
- £21.55* per hour- Nights and Saturdays
- £26.09* per hour- Sundays and Bank Holidays
- For NBTeXtra staff working bank only, we can offer weekly pay. If you are working substantively within our Trust, you will be paid Bi-monthly for shifts worked through bank.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Do you…
- Hold NMC registration with current license to practice
- Have experience working in Anaesthetics, Scrub or Recovery within the last 18-24 months
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a 4 day induction programme if successful
- Have Right to Work in the UK.
This role is also suitable for Operating Department Practitioners looking for work within Theatres, please apply on 339-NBTX-ODP-TH-0521
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Follow us on Twitter to join in the conversation and gain an insight into our Theatre teams:
- Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
For further details / informal visits contact:
Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 4146000
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The Government has formally announced that it intends to introduce regulations that will require most healthcare workers to be fully vaccinated (first and second dose) against COVID-19 by a UK approved vaccine by the 1st April 2022. To achieve this, the successful applicant must have had their first COVID-19 vaccination by the 3rd February 2022. Therefore, full COVID-19 vaccination will be a condition of employment unless an individual is validated as medically exempt. We will ask for proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
- RGN with current live NMC Registration
- Candidate will have undertaken training for extended roles required by the ward / department. relevant to the role .
- Candidate will have been working in an apt clinical setting
- Advanced communication skills, verbal & written, to include report writing and record keeping.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Ability to undertake shift work (flexible options available)
- Basic computer / IT skills and expectation to develop these in line with the needs of the service i.e. IHS, Acis, Email use.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Contact us to find out more: email@example.com or 0117 414 6000