Digital Nursing and ODP Autumn Exhibition: Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd October 2021(Experienced, Newly Qualified and Student Nurses )
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Join us for a digital event which shares an insight into careers at North Bristol NHS Trust on Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd October.
You may have the opportunity to secure an interview and an offer on the same day.
So, you’re eager to learn more about nursing careers at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons you should attend our upcoming digital engagement day...
- You’ll have a unique opportunity to gain access to hear online presentations from our clinical divisions: Medicine, ASCR (Anaesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal) and NMSK (Neurosciences and MusculoSkeletal). We will also have a presentation from our bank team- NBTeXtra.
- You’ll gain an insight into life at our Trust, including our award-winning health and wellbeing support, our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and our aspirations to be leaders in the field of sustainable healthcare.
- You’ll hear about our comprehensive Preceptorship support programme available for Newly Qualifying Nurses.
- You’ll also have access to watch professional development webinars , to watch on demand and gain participatory hours for revalidation.
- You'll have the opportunity to book an interview for the day or an informal video call with our divisional recruitment leads.
At our online event, you’ll learn our trust itself is pioneering, progressive and proud. For example…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- We value staff feedback; in the results of our 2020 staff survey, our response rate was 4% higher than the national average. We are continuing to strive for improvement with 72% of staff saying they would recommend our organisation as a place to work (up 3% from last year and 6% better than the national average)
- Our nurses do not shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke speciality rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new speciality or further develop their skills.
- Our staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within equality and development groups, and are given the mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust supports the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes. Our city boasts a wide range of state-of-the-art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, and excellent transport links.
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced nurse with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally, eager to learn more about our trust?
- A registered nurse eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role, keen to discover what our engagement days have to offer?
- A newly qualified or newly qualifying nurse ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, looking to find out more about our preceptorship, wellbeing programme, and training opportunities?
Yes, that’s me! When is the event and how do book my place?
Date: Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd October 2021
Location: Online event only - Book your place here!
Looking to interview on the day? Please submit your application on this advert and a member of our Talent Acquisition Team will be in contact to book your interview.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Talent Acquisition Team
- Email address
- Additional information
Email Nursing@nbt.nhs.uk for more information about this event.