Be part of our BHT family
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust (BHT) is an integrated provider of acute hospital and community services for people living in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding area.
We care for over half a million patients every year:
- provide specialist spinal services at our world renowned National Spinal Injuries Centre at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, the birthplace of the Paralympics
- nationally recognised for urology and skin cancer services
- regional specialist centre for burns, plastic surgery, dermatology, stroke and cardiac services
- deliver community services in health centres, schools, patients’ own homes, community hospitals and community hubs.
More than 6,000 people from different nations, cultures and backgrounds work for us.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work – and invite you to join our BHT family.
Following the development of a state of the art children's emergency department and observation unit at Stoke Mandeville Hospital. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and passionate leader to join our friendly team and work in first class facilities. Where the care and experience of our children & young people is paramount.
This post offers the opportunity to develop your clinical, A&E and leadership skills in a friendly, fast paced, dynamic environment.
You are an experienced Registered Children’s Nurse with a professional approach to delivering high quality, patient focused care. Our Children’s Practice Development Nurse works as part of the nursing team to provide support for your orientation and ongoing professional development.
Please note that short-listed candidates are able to arrange an informal visit prior to interview on request.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be dedicated to the running of the unit and be able to work well within the team with experience in leadership. They will be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent clinical and communication skills, with an ability to lead and motivate others. They will also enjoy teaching and supporting junior staff as well as pre and post registration students.
Working for our organisation
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
• As part of our BHT family, you’ll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
• We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
• We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
• We’re committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
• As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
• Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
• Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
• Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
• Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Registered Nurse Child (Level 1)
- MSSP or equivalent
- Multi-agency Child Protection Training
- Evidence of other relevant training
- Degree in Nursing
- First Line Management Course
- Significant (2 years minimum) experience at band 6 plus three years post registration in paediatric acute care nursing
- Significant previous experience as a shift/team leader
- Relevant experience of teaching & supporting staff
- Relevant experience in managing resources
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE
- Evidence of strong & effective leadership & team working & self motivation and ability to achieve objectives.
- Knowledge of current paediatric and NHS issues
- Sound understanding of child protection responsibilities and procedures
- Evidence of safe clinical practice knowledge
- Evidence of effective time & resource management & ability to motivate, support & lead others
- Ability to produce clear and written reports in English
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, relatives and MDT team in Englis
- Competent in paediatric IV drug administration.
- Competent in use of infusion devices in children
- Ability to work required shift patterns
- Computer literate
- Paediatric Central Line competencies
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Michele Learoyd-Taylor
- Job title
- Matron Paediatrics
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01296 315216
List jobs with Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust in Nursing and Midwifery