FSS Registered Nurse
We run three busy hospital sites at Peterborough, Huntingdon and Stamford and provide outpatient services in two community hospitals in Ely and Doddington. Our 6,000 staff serve a growing population of 750,000 across North Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
To work within a clinical team alongside the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) to provide the highest quality care required to support each patient in their care pathway, whilst improving the patient experience, maintaining clinical credibility and disseminating knowledge.
This job description gives a broad overview of the key responsibilities of a Band 5 nurse bank. Guidance should be given by the nurse in charge on specific responsibilities and skills directly relating to your job assignment.
Main duties of the job
- Maintain clinical credibility to act as a role model and take a lead role in the patient’s journey.
- Deliver high quality evidence based care.
- Take responsibility for the organisation and day to day management of a team of staff giving care to patients.
- Ensure that patient care remains a priority in inter-professional practice and that referrals to the MDT are timely and discharge planning takes place.
Working for our organisation
There has never been a better time to join our Trust than now! We run three busy hospital sites at Peterborough, Huntingdon and Stamford and provide outpatient services in two community hospitals in Ely and Doddington. Our 6,000 staff serve a growing population of 750,000 across North Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
With just over 6,000 staff and a 450-strong team of volunteers helping patients and visitors we are able to offer an exciting opportunities to new applicants.
As for living in the area, there is a wealth of choice with city living, small towns and villages all within reasonable commute to the hospitals. There are excellent schools and a wide variety of social and leisure activities to choose from.
So if you are looking to develop your career and want to do so in an environment which is challenging and growing we would encourage you to look further into a future with NWAngliaFT.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
If you are interested in this vacancy, please read the full job description attached to this position
- Registered Nurse with minimum 1 year post Registration experience.
- • Accountability and responsibility, evidence based practice, reflective practice
- Competence in clinical skills relevant to a staff nurse post including the clinical decision making process.
- Ability to function as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Organised and able to work under pressure.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to embrace change to meet the short and long term needs of the Emergency Short Stay Unit and the Emergency Centre.
- Team player
- A flexible approach to work
- A desire to learn and develop new skills
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Marchia Davie
- Job title
- Interim FSS Manager
- Email address
If you have problems applying, contact
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- 01480 416741