Health Care Assistant - ophthalmic outpatients
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Health care Assistant to join an established ophthalmology outpatients team at Mid Cheshire hospitals foundation Trust.
We are a busy ophthalmic outpatient unit based at Leighton Hospital within the division of surgery and cancer. We have a dedicated team of Specialist Nurses, Staff Nurses, Health Care Assistants and clinicians working together to provide a quality service. Currently our clinics run over 5 days and cover a wide range of specialized clinics relating to many different ophthalmic issues .
Main duties of the job
Supporting Clinical Staff
Setting up clinical areas
General house keeping
Supporting patients/ Family
Working for our organisation
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MCHFT) provides good quality, safe and effective healthcare to the people of Cheshire and beyond.
The Trust, which manages Leighton Hospital in Crewe, Victoria Infirmary in Northwich, and Elmhurst Intermediate Care Centre in Winsford, was established as an NHS Trust in April 1991 and became a Foundation Trust in April 2008.
We employ almost 5,000 members of staff, provide around 540 hospital beds, with a range of services including accident and emergency, maternity, outpatients, therapies, and children's health.
The Trust is also part of Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership (CCICP), a unique local health partnership that provides a range of community services for people across South Cheshire and Vale Royal.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, the Trust was recognised nationally for its ‘Be Safe Be EquiPPEd’ campaign, which aimed to make the Trust as safe as possible for staff and patients, through supporting the correct use of PPE.
The results in the 2020 national NHS Staff Survey showed improvements in all elements of the safety culture theme, with 92% of respondents feeling their role made a difference to our patients. We were also recognised nationally for our workforce health and wellbeing initiatives.
At Mid Cheshire, we value our staff and appreciate that in order to give our patients the best quality, compassionate care, we also need to look after our colleagues.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Participate in the delivery of patient care, following agreed plans, policies, procedures, and clinical guidelines, carrying out tasks and activities relevant for the job role/place of work
- Work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team/agencies to ensure that patient needs are met
- Involve patients, relatives/carers in the delivery of care, providing reassurance and support to assist their understanding and co-operation
- Prepare the clinical area for safe practice by ensuring that cleanliness is maintained, materials and equipment are ready for use, including clearing away afterwards
- Provide escort and transfer for patients with low dependency as directed by the multidisciplinary team
- Recognise and respond appropriately to urgent and emergency situations
- Provide routine information to enable the effectiveness of care to be evaluated and records maintained
- Contribute to the recording and storing of information, ensuring it is securely held, accurate, complete and legible and can be retrieved promptly when required
- NVQ health and social care
- previous experience working with patients
- previous NHS experience
- previous experience within womens health
Skills and Knowledge
- computer literate
- good communication skills
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- nicky mullin
- Job title
- eye care centre manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01270 273387