NHS AfC: Band 5
We are seeking an enthusiastic & highly motivated person to join our friendly Team as a Band 5 Registered Nurse . You will need to be able to work hours flexibly to meet needs of the service.
We aim to deliver high quality care with compassion to support patients during their Outpatients experience.
The ideal candidate will need to adapt to the many varying clinics within the department. You will need to enjoy working within an evolving service. There will be an expectation that the ideal candidate will be prepared to support learners within the department.
Main duties of the job
- You will participate in supporting the clinicians in the smooth running of the department. Excellent communication skills are a must have quality.
- Full Induction will be given to the successful candidate.
- If you are looking to pursue and develop a career within outpatient setting, we would love to hear from you!
Working for our organisation
Outpatients services are adapting to the changing face of healthcare, with out team being involved, inclusive and constructive in finding solutions to challenges we face. We promote safe open communications across the team and actively seek user feedback to ensure we are doing the right thing.
We have active staff wellbeing buddies, working with the team to maximise support and cohesion. As such we pride ourselves on having an employee package with us that includes a lot more than just your pay.
Listed are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Childcare at our day nursery
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Staff Discounts
- Career development and training opportunities
- Employee Support - Staff have access to a 24-hour helpline
Our people are caring, committed, inclusive and focussed on quality. We focus on solutions and people’s strengths. We encourage outside the box thinking and embrace innovation and change wherever it can drive improvement.
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Torbay and South Devon.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see our attached job description and person specification form for full details.
Qualifications and Training
- Registered Nurse Adult
- Current/awaiting registration with NMC
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of working in a ward environment
- Evidence of working well within a team
- Evidence of commitment to customer care initiatives
- Awareness of quality issues
- Awareness of quality issues
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jon Bradley
- Job title
- Senior Charge Nurse
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01803 655100
- Additional information
Sister Lindsay Morgan, Sister Marina Turley or Sister Sue Dolan.
Tel: 01803 655100