Level 9A is a 58 bedded digestive diseases ward. We are a mixed surgical /gastroenterology ward caring for patients with a multitude of disorders of the gut and accessory organs. We have patients with simple problems such as appendectomy to patients requiring oesphagectomy. We treat patients with inflammatory bowel disease and those with liver and pancreatic failure as well as those with more simple problems such as choleycystitis.
The majority of our patients are emergency admissions and we also take step down patients from ITU & HDU. Because we care, we have invested in our staff and ensure optimal nurse staffing levels to ensure you have the time to care for your patients and it’s not just our patients that are well cared for – it is you as well.
We have a team of senior nurses who are committed to teaching, training and educating. The next three years are going to be very exciting, we have an ambitious service plan that includes participation by all as part of your own personal and professional growth, we are a multi-disciplinary team and you will learn and grow as much as you want to.
Level 9A is not just a great place to start your career as a newly qualified band 5 nurse, it is also a great place if you are looking for a new challenge or a change in direction. You will be exposed to a wealth of learning opportunities with our links with Brighton University and our comprehensive Band 5 competency programme. We have a fantastic team of nurses who are always willing to impart knowledge and show you how to deliver care at a high standard.
So what are you waiting for? Come and join our team and be part of our family and you will have the career of a lifetime
- Posts in the Trust are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Criminal Records Bureau to check for any previous criminal spent and unspent convictions, reprimands, and cautions.
- Appointment to this role will commence at the lowest salary point unless confirmed otherwise by HR Employment Services (Recruitment, Administration & Terms and Conditions)
- We may also use this advert to build our Bank staff. If you are unsuccessful at interview for a substantive role but meet the BSUH standards you may be offered a bank post.
- If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
- We are proud to be able to offer a variety of flexible working options and contracts. For further information please refer to the Flexible Working for Registered Nurses document which is attached to this advert.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sam Harden firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01273 696955 Ext 7224
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01444 448692 / 448616