Crynodeb o'r swydd
Bank Nurse (Community or Wards)
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider NHS community services across East and West Sussex.
Our 6,000 staff serve a population of 1.3 million providing essential medical, nursing, and therapeutic care to more than 9,000 adults and children every single day. Our Trust vision is to provide excellent care at the heart of the community, helping people plan, manage, adapt to changes in their health, supporting avoidable hospital admissions and reducing hospital stay times.
At the heart of how we operate is our Trust values: compassionate care, working together, achieving ambitions, and delivering excellence. Our values are fundamental to the high-quality care we provide to the people who need us. We are proud to be a community that cares, delivering our services as a team whilst supporting our employees as individuals.
Trosolwg o'r swydd
Here at Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust we are passionate about delivering the highest quality care to all our patients. In order to help us achieve this, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and committed band 5 registered nurses to join our temporary workforce.
As a trust bank nurse you will be able to choose a flexible working pattern to suit your work life balance in a variety of clinical settings working as part of a committed multidisciplinary team.
This job description gives a broad overview of the key responsibilities of a band 5 nurse bank. Guidance should be given by the nurse in charge on specific responsibilities and skills directly relating to your job assignment.
Prif ddyletswyddau'r swydd
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join our nursing team. In return for your enthusiasm, you will be supported to develop your clinical skills and will have the opportunity to develop personally and professionally as part of a 'high challenge, high support' environment.
- To act as an appropriate and effective role model at all times
- To liaise with other staff and departments to promote and maintain effective working relationships, ensuring high standards of care and service.
- To investigate accidents, incidents and complaints, implementing corrective actions where necessary, in consultation with the ward sister/charge nurse and Matron, in accordance with Trust Policies.
- Maintain a safe environment for all staff, patients and visitors and ensure that all equipment is safe and in working order.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new initiatives.
- To be responsible for ensuring confidentiality and safekeeping of patient records.
- To be responsible for reporting incidents and potential risks to the sister/charge nurse.
- Attend mandatory training and participate in continuing development and appropriate education.
Gweithio i'n sefydliad
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- Over 8,400 full time, part time and bank staff members
- Medical, nursing, and therapeutic care provided to over 10,000 children and adults a day
- October 2022 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of our end-of-life care as ‘Outstanding’
- Flexible working patterns offered across all services
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader
SCFT is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates, and LGBT+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the Trust’s workforce reflects the diverse communities it serves.
What else can we offer you apart from a great feeling of job satisfaction?
- Flexible working patterns
- Supportive learning environment
- Dedicated career pathways, and great opportunities for continuing professional development
- Commitment to and support for your health and wellbeing
- NHS discounts and salary sacrifice schemes
You’ll also have access to our generous pension scheme and health service discounts, as well as 27 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays, which increases the longer you’re in service.
Swydd ddisgrifiad a phrif gyfrifoldebau manwl
East Sussex Service Locations:
- Crowborough, Southview Road, Crowborough, East Sussex TN6 1HB
- Uckfield Community Hospital Framfield Road Uckfield East Sussex TN22 5AW
- Lewes Victoria Hospital, Nevill Road Lewes East Sussex BN7 1PE
- Chailey - Beggars Wood Road BN8 4JN
- Brighton and Hove Intermediate Care Unit Laburnum Ave Hove BN3 7JW
- Hove, BN3 7HY
- Healthfield Community Health Centre TN21 0XG
- Kleinwort Centre Butlers Green Road Haywards Heath West Sussex RH164BE
More locations in East Sussex available.
For a detailed job description and main responsibilities please see the attached supporting documents.
Manyleb y person
Qualifications and/or professional registration
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Registered Nurse and NMC registration.
- Evidence of recent CPD.
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Experience in a hospital setting or community setting
Skills and knowledge
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Evidence of ability to practice as competent practitioner.
- Evidence of ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, patients and visitors.
- Knowledge of current local policies informing community health and social care services
- Promote independence and choice in undertaking patient care.
- Evidence of an ability to manage time effectively.
- Understanding of clinical governance and its requirements especially risk management. Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality.
- Basic computer skills or willing to achieve within an agreed period
- Demonstrates ability to reflect and learning from situations.
- Clear examples of co-operative team working
- Identifies difficulties as challenges and works with others to identify solutions.
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding of self and able to identify personal limitation and shows openness to address them.
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities in relation to staff and patients.
Rhaid i chi gael cofrestriad proffesiynol priodol yn y DU.
Mae'r swydd hon yn ddarostyngedig i Orchymyn Deddf Adsefydlu Troseddwyr 1974 (Eithriadau) 1975 (Diwygio) (Cymru a Lloegr) 2020 a bydd angen cyflwyno Datgeliad i'r Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd.
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
Rhagor o fanylion / cyswllt ar gyfer ymweliadau anffurfiol
- Sylwia Wrobel
- Teitl y swydd
- Temporary Workforce Business Partner
- Cyfeiriad ebost
- [email protected]