Hull University Teaching Hospitals is a great place to work and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior midwife to join our team!
As the implementation lead your role will be to ensure that Continuity of Carer becomes embedded in practice, where individualised midwifery care is co-produced in partnership with the woman and the multidisciplinary team. You will be working alongside multi professional teams providing the most appropriate training to enable midwives to care for women whilst breaking down barriers that can inhibit women with socially complex lives accessing high quality maternity care.
You must be ambitious and committed to developing pathways that support continuity during the antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal period for women who access maternity care in Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in line with The Long term Plan 2019.
- Women centered care - Continuity of Carer in line with Better Births 2016
- You will be; implementing Better Births across the Trust ensuring that Continuity of Carer is embedded in practice.
- Facilitating high quality, evidence-based Continuity of Carer training
- Enabling midwives to provide continuity of carer in combination with emotional and psychological support during the antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal periods
- Facilitate midwives to liaise appropriately with services to ensure safe and effective care is provided to women at the right place, and at the right time
- Have sound knowledge of low risk care pathways, normal birth initiatives, safeguarding issues and their management
- Advocate for women and support them in their choices surrounding pregnancy and birth
- Support the safety agenda within the Trust and contribute to safety developments
This is a post funded through the National Maternity Transformation programme and is a 1 year fixed term secondment post. You are advised to have the support of your line manager before applying for this role.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview at Hull Royal Infirmary where you will find out more about the role.
Good luck with your application!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Interested? Please contact Janet Cairns, Janet.email@example.com for additional details.