International Mental Health / Psychiatric Nurse
NHS AfC: Band 5
Are you an International Mental Health / Psychiatric Nurse looking to join the NHS and be part of something special? Have you passed IELTS/OET, completed the Mental Health Nurse CBT, and have NMC permission to sit the OSCE Exam?
Main duties of the job
Within your application clearly list your Mental Health experience and at what stage you are within your NMC application.
You will initially join within an HCA capacity (working towards a Band 5 Registered Nurse) will be provided with the necessary training and support to prepare and successfully complete your OSCE, this includes:
- OSCE training programme to help you successfully pass your OSCE
- Transport & accommodation to the relevant OSCE centre
- One funded attempt to pass your OSCE (subsequent attempts would be funded by yourself)
Upon successful completion of your OSCE and registration with the NMC you will then join the Mental Health Nurse workforce.
Working for our organisation
We are now recruiting on behalf of our neighbouring Trust offering an excellent relocation package. We will only consider applications from candidates with a Mental Health/ Psychiatry registration; this is a requirement of the role.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the information outlined above or contact Internationalnurses@hhft.nhs.uk for more information.
Training & Qualifications
- Current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council
Experience & Knowledge
- Completed clinical placements in a variety of areas
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) clearly recorded for professional profile
Skills & Ability
- Ability to demonstrate the required behaviour in keeping with the Trust values
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nicola Lappin
- Job title
- International Recruitment Officer
- Email address