Clinical Theatre Coordinator
Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust has a truly exciting opportunity for a motivated, dynamic and experienced individual to join us as Clinical Coordinator for Theatres, managing our perioperative services at the Basingstoke site,
Main duties of the job
- To provide visible and credible clinical leadership to ensure a high level of operational effectiveness, a safe working environment in a way that supports all staff.
- To work across organisational boundaries and multi-disciplinary teams to co-ordinate the operational management of main theatres on a day to day basis.
- To work closely with all specialities to optimise patient flow.
- To be directly accountable for the continual operational management of the theatres at BNHH, in relation to staffing arrangements, the management of theatre lists, resource use, (such as X-ray liaising), maintaining professional and clinical standards, staff compliance to policies and procedures, overseeing allocation of staffing, supporting the Band 6 with the writing of the off duty, and supporting the teaching and development of staff to provide an effective learning environment.
- The post holder will also be expected to provide clinical leadership to staff within the designated specialist area, and wider theatre team. To provide visible and credible clinical leadership within the peri-operative.
- To work closely with the Theatre Teams, Service Speciality Managers, Waiting List Teams and co-ordinators to optimise theatre utilisation and patient flow through the Operating Theatres
Working for our organisation
At Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three hospitals in Basingstoke, Winchester and Andover, as well as in the care we provide in the community. We provide medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire and specialist services to people across the UK and internationally.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further information about this role, please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification document.
Training & Qualification
- Registered Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner
- Management Certificate / Diploma
Experience & Knowledge
- Extensive experience and knowledge within Theatres
- Experience of leading and developing a team
Skills & Ability
- Organisation administrative and management skills
- Coaching skills
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Amy Kerr
- Job title
- Lead Nurse for Theatres HHFT
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01962 225772
- Additional information
Secondment would also be considered.
List jobs with Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Nursing and Midwifery