Specialist Community PH Nurse 0-5 (Health Visiting) - Golden Hello
NHS AfC: Band 6
We seek a Specialist Public Health Nurse 0-5 (Health Visitors) to join the Hertfordshire Family Centre Service based in South Quadrant in the Hertsmere, Watford and Three Rivers Teams. Full and part time hours considered.
This post attracts a 'Golden Hello' payment of £2500 (pro rata if applicable): £1250 after 6 months (upon completion of successful probationary period) and a further £1250 after 12 months in post. The Golden Hello is not applicable to internal candidates.
You will be part of a friendly and supportive integrated team delivering a locally driven needs led service, ensuring children and their families are at the heart of service delivery in the Watford, Three Rivers and Hertsmere districts.
The successful candidate will:
- Be part of a skill mixed team delivering the five mandated universal core contacts and
identifying families who need a targeted universal plus or universal partnership plus service offer, including safeguarding
- Will work in partnership with the Family Support Service staff to identify local needs, ensuring children and their families can access the same level of support
- Will be offered a wide range of training opportunities including the Newborn Observation training for 0-5's
- Will have access to regular restorative and safeguarding supervision sessions to support your practice
- Will have experience in using electronic records and be able to be a mobile worker.
- Have a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
In return, we can offer you:
- In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,034 and a maximum payment of £1,791 per annum (pro rata where applicable)
- £2500 Golden Hello payable after 6 and 12 months in post
- Generous contributory pension
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is voted as one of the 'Top 100 Best Places to Work' and is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation. Our CQC rating is of 'Good'.
We strongly encourage you to visit us for an informal visit to meet the team and find out more about the service we provide. We look forward to hearing from you.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sharon Knight
- Job title
- Health Visitor
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07876 216271
- Additional information
Juliet Reid: 07780 228201