Are you a qualified Specialist Community Public Health Nurse – School Nursing, looking for a position to fulfil your Public Health role?
This post is also suitable for newly qualified SCPHN School Nurse students as we are able to offer a comprehensive preceptorship programme. We would also consider staff that have completed an alternative Public Health Nursing qualification who have an interest in, or previous experience of school nursing.
- Is committed to delivering a high quality service to our children and families in an integrated model with Family Support Services
- Works with individual children and young people as well as developing local public health plans with schools and the wider community
- Is an innovative service that embraces the use of technology
- Delivers the Healthy Child Programme by using an electronic health needs assessment process to identify individuals requiring early intervention pathways
- Uses Chat health text messaging service
- Has implemented two health websites for use by children, young people, families & professionals.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a confident, independent practitioner
- Be a skilled team player and able to lead a skill mix team
- Have excellent communication skills to use with a variety of clients, professionals & staff
- Have experience of electronic record keeping (this would be an advantage although full training will be given)
- Have a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
In return we can offer you:
- access to a wide range of training opportunities including development of leadership skills
- restorative, management and safeguarding supervision
- High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,034 and a maximum payment of £1,791 per annum (pro rata where applicable).
- generous contributory pension
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
- Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is an innovative, caring and agile organisation.
Informal visits are welcome to meet our friendly team!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
- Diane Carrington
- Job title
- Team Leader for School Health in Hertsmere, 3 Rivers & Watford
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07827 230820