Crynodeb o'r swydd
Make a Difference!
We believe in changing lives through giving excellent care that improves people’s mental health and now is a great time to be part of the KMPT family and join our ‘Outstanding’ team.
Ready to take your personal and professional life to a new level? Then it’s time to discover more…
Newhaven Lodge is comprised of 8 single bedrooms offering 24 hour care 7 days a week for individuals with complex mental health needs. It is situated in Gillingham at Medway Maritime Hospital and is one of 6 Rehabilitation Units across Kent & Medway, which provides inpatient Recovery and Rehabilitation.
The Rehabilitation Service provides assessments and a variety of treatment interventions within a multi-disciplinary team, who work closely together to provide a flexible approach in order to meet clients’ needs and requirements and to provide the best quality care.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with lived experience of secondary mental health services, who is committed to the recovery of people with severe and enduring Mental Health problems, to join our multi-disciplinary team as a Peer Support Worker.
As a Peer Support Worker, you’ll use your own experience of recovering from mental health issues to encourage, inspire and inform others – supporting them in their own journey of recovery, and acting as a role model. As such you will play a key role in enabling clients to live as independently as possible and support them to reach their potential.
The role of Peer Support Worker will involve:
- Building strong, supportive relationships with our service users
- Helping service users to set realistic and positive goals and empowering them to live fuller, more fulfilling lives
- Offering one-to-one sessions with service users
- Developing the service, and helping its users to get involved in this process
- Completing a range of admin tasks
- Liaising widely in the community
- Promoting awareness of mental health and reducing stigma
To join us as a Peer Support Worker, you will need:
- Lived experience of mental health problems
- To be willing to positively share own life experiences.
- An awareness of enduring mental health disorders
- Ability to follow specific directions as required
- An ability to form rapport with individuals
- An ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times, even in challenging/complex situations
- Ability to work autonomously and cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Sound knowledge and practice of IT skills
- To ideally have personal experience of Recovery Star and be trained in ‘Telling your Story’ or willingness to train in both.
- N.V.Q. Level 3 or an equivalent relevant qualification, Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work a variety of hours to suit the needs of the service users and the service.
Please see the Job description (link below) for the full person specification.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
Mae'r swydd hon yn ddarostyngedig i Orchymyn Deddf Adsefydlu Troseddwyr (Eithriadau) 1975 a bydd angen gwneud cais am Ddatgeliad gan y Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
I argraffu dogfen neu ei chadw ar eich cyfrifiadur, gyda botwm ochr dde eich llygoden cliciwch ar deitl y ddogfen a dewiswch "Save Target As ...". Yna, gallwch gadw'r ddogfen mewn lle addas ar eich cyfrifiadur yn barod i'w hargraffu. Bydd clicio gyda botwm chwith y llygoden yn agor y ddogfen mewn ffenestr newydd (os gall eich porwr gwe wneud hynny).
Rhagor o fanylion / cyswllt ar gyfer ymweliadau anffurfiol
Mary Ewohime - Unit Manager, Newhaven Lodge, Gillingham