Health care support worker
The Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust (NCA) brings together staff and services from the former Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust and The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust. The sheer size, scale and potential of our combined service is huge. Together, we’ve a wealth of skills and resources to share and tap into and, a wide range of career paths for you to develop and explore. If you want to join a team of around 20,000 NHS experts in delivering high-quality, local care across Salford, Oldham, Bury and Rochdale and beyond – come and take your place with us.
The Floyd Unit is an 18 bedded ward for patients who have been admitted following a neurological episode. Staff work closely with the wider multi-disciplinary team, including a Ward Consultant, Consultant Nurse, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, therapy teams and specialist nurses to ensure patients achieve their full rehab potential, with the aim of safe discharge home independently or with support or into residential/nursing care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Clinical Support Worker to join the team. You will be supported within the role with on-going training. You will work alongside Nursing staff, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Aspire to deliver excellent standards of care
- Work collaboratively with all members of the MDT
- Deliver patient centred care with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate a high level of compassion for patients and those that matter to the patient.
Main duties of the job
Our aim is to be the safest organisation in the NHS.
- Recent investment of £200 million to develop our main hospital site.
- Leading Major Trauma Centre for Greater Manchester
- Largest Dermatology Centre in Europe
- Contribute to own personal development
- Assist in maintaining own and others’ health, safety and security
- Contribute ideas for service improvement
- Ensure own actions help to maintain quality and patient safety
- Undertake routine assessment tasks related to individuals’ health and well-being, making modifications within prescribed parameters and reporting back to Senior Staff on patients’ progress
- Assist in delivering programmes of care to meet individuals’ health and well-being, in partnership with the multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work flexibly and unsociable hours to meet the demands of the service
Working for our organisation
Rochdale Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. A place destined to be different. Rochdale puts co-operation and co-design at the forefront of its health and social care. This is the place with community based integrated care at its heart. Rochdale Infirmary, and the adult and children’s community services across Heywood Middleton and Rochdale, consists of professionals from health, social and voluntary sectors. A place leading the way in life-enhancing, integrated care.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
- NVQ level 2 or eqivalent
- Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE English and Math’s Grade D-G)
- Care Certificate
- good communication skills
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
- Experience of working with members of the public or a desire to work in the Health Service
- Understanding of routine work procedures gained through a short induction period and on the job training
- Basic IT skills
- Experience of working within a health or social care environment
- Experience of working within a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to undertaking continuous professional development (CPD)
This post will require a submission for Disclosure to be made to check for any unspent criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rosemary Law
- Job title
- Unit Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number