Healthcare Assistant - Sefton Suite
Healthcare Assistant - Sefton Suite
The Sefton Suite are looking for an experienced Band 3 Health Care Assistant to join our team. The Sefton Suite is a busy Surgical Ward with 16 beds, based at Aintree University Hospital with a variety of specialities including Private Patients.
The successful applicant should be highly motivated with good interpersonal skills and be able to work under pressure and work well within the team. They should have a keen desire to provide and maintain a high standard of care at all times
As a Band 3 HCA you will be responsible for providing high standards of care. Your role will involve assisting the nursing staff with some clinical duties. Training will be arranged for you to achieve these skills. Being a Band 3 HCA also means you will lead by example and supervise and support junior members of staff to improve and maintain high standards of care.
Full and Part Time Posts are available.
Main duties of the job
Under the supervision of a registered nurse assisting the Ward/Department team in providing the highest possible standard of care for patients and their families/carer.
The post holder will take undertake a range of tasks and duties as delegated by a registered nurse
Working for our organisation
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook – Liverpool University Hospitals Careers
Instagram - @LUHFTcareers
Twitter - @LUHFTcareers
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Participates in all aspects of patient care with particular attention to personal hygiene and grooming.
- Provision of patients toileting needs, ensuring privacy and dignity is maintained.
- Support of patients in managing incontinence and promotion of continence.
- The recording of a patient’s fluid intake and output using fluid balance charts.
- Preparation and serving of patient’s meals, drinks and snacks. Assisting / feeding patients as necessary.
- The recording of patient’s dietary intake when indicated in the patient’s plan of care.
- Enable patients to maintain/improve their mobility by use of exercise and mobility appliances.
- Assist in the prevention of pressure sore development as directed by the Registered nurse in conjunction with the patient’s plan of care
- Carry out any movement and handling within the safe practice guidelines from your mandatory training and in relation to the patient’s manual handling plan.
- Obtaining specimens from patients for ward or laboratory testing.
Removal of cannula and catheters.
- Undertake the dressing of non-complex wounds (in accordance with identified competencies and in conjunction with the plan of care).
It is paramount that patient safety in maintained at all times
For a full list of duties, please refer to the attached job description and person specification
- Demonstrates a willingness a capability to undertake NVQ Level 3
- Demonstrable experience in hospital setting working at NVQ Level 2
- Reputation for high standard of patient care
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Marie Bennett
- Job title
- Ward Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0151 529 6845