Crynodeb o'r swydd
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two suitably qualified, dynamic and motivated Nurse Practitioners to join our highly skilled, innovative and rapidly expanding Frailty service.
The post holder will be based at Bevan Court, a step down & step up unit that provides high quality care and facilities to support older people and people living with frailty who benefit from a short admission period and / or have complex discharge planning needs. You will also have opportunity to work across the frailty service and be actively involved in its development.
The Frailty Service compromises of:
- A dedicated Ambulatory unit, which provides rapid Comprehensive Geriatric (CGA) for patients with frailty and frailty syndrome.
- A 16 bed in patient Frailty Assessment ward, that benefits from daily Consultant Geriatrician leadership along with a dedicated team of nursing, therapy and social care professionals.
- A Community Frailty Service for St Helens CCG that is reactive in order to prevent hospital admission and also provides ongoing management for frail patients in the community.
To apply for this role you must be a Registered Nurse:
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Evidence of autonomous practice experience supported by a degree or masters level study in advanced practice.
- Evidence of using advanced clinical examination skills with practice in assessment with preferred management of frailty and older people.
- All modules must be a level 7.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Janet Sumner, Directorate Manager, Medical Care Group on ext. 2654 or mobile 07488269088 or Dr M Horner, Consultant via his PA on Ext 5878 for an informal discussion.
At St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and as such we welcome applications from minority or underrepresented groups.
Rhaid i chi gael cofrestriad proffesiynol priodol yn y DU.
Mae'r swydd hon yn ddarostyngedig i Orchymyn Deddf Adsefydlu Troseddwyr (Eithriadau) 1975 a bydd angen gwneud cais am Ddatgeliad gan y Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
I argraffu dogfen neu ei chadw ar eich cyfrifiadur, gyda botwm ochr dde eich llygoden cliciwch ar deitl y ddogfen a dewiswch "Save Target As ...". Yna, gallwch gadw'r ddogfen mewn lle addas ar eich cyfrifiadur yn barod i'w hargraffu. Bydd clicio gyda botwm chwith y llygoden yn agor y ddogfen mewn ffenestr newydd (os gall eich porwr gwe wneud hynny).