Complex Care Liaison Nurse
We provide healthcare services to people living in Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf county borough areas, serving a population of around 450,000. We are ideally situated between Wales’s capital city, Porthcawl to the west, and the stunning scenery in the Brecon Beacons.
Our vision is to care for our communities and patients by preventing ill-health, promoting better health, providing excellent services and reducing the need for inpatient care wherever possible through the provision of strengthened home, primary and community care.
We value the diversity of our staff and welcome applications from people from protected groups under the Equality Act 2010, this specifically includes age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, race/nationality, religion/belief, disability, pregnancy and maternity and marriage and civil partnership.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg is a Living Wage Employer.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
All applicants are invited to apply in Welsh or English, and no preference will be given to applications submitted in either language.
THIS POST IS FIXED TERM/SECONDMENT UNTIL 30TH JUNE 2023 DUE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE SECONDMENT POSITION, YOU MUST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM YOUR CURRENT LINE MANAGER PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THIS POST.
The Complex Care Liaison Nurse is responsible for complex care liaison rotating between acute hospitals, community hospitals, and Local Authority sites for adults, including supporting the safe and timely discharge/transfer of care for complex cases, implementation of systems to enhance and facilitate patient flow and the generation of information that can be utilised to strengthen and influence hospital discharge practice/policies and continuity of care for complex cases.
Main duties of the job
• Assist the team leader and senior nurse and work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team, ward managers and other team leaders to ensure the delivery of equitable, high quality services
• Actively work with partner agencies to support and maintain safe and timely transfers of care establishing links within the Local Health Board, Local Authority, Third Sector Organisations, Independent Contractors and the Private Care sector.
• Communicate information in a sensitive way when dealing with issues that are contentious e.g. disputed decisions related to nurse assessment outcomes
• Prioritise complex care cases and provide specialist support and advice to enable safe and timely hospital discharge and transfers of care
• Work collaboratively and maintain effective communication with other key health professionals to ensure the provision of a high quality service by the team for example Ward Managers/Team Leaders within the District Nursing service
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Working for our organisation
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click “Apply now” to view in Trac
- Registered Nurse and or Midwife - NMC Registration Qualification
- Relevant post registration experience
- Post Registration qualification to masters level
- Post Registration qualification in Education for example PGCE
- Relevant post registration experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - verbal, written and IT
- Experience of interagency working and initiating developments across organisational boundaries
- Presentation skills
- Evidence of dealing with difficult situations
- Working knowledge of the Continuing Health Care Framework and Hospital Discharge Planning Guidance
- Awareness of wider health and social care agenda
- Knowledge of audit tools
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Victoria Edwards
- Job title
- CHC / NHS FNC Senior Nurse
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01443 744854