COVID PCR Screening Support Worker
NHS AfC: Band 3
The post holder’s primary role will be to undertake and support COVID PCR testing.
The post holder will work with a small dedicated team based at the Nottingham City Hospital
This post is temporary until 31st March 2022
Main duties of the job
In addition to the below summary you need to familiarize yourself with full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
The post holder will be expected to:
Undertake supported/directed COVID PCR swabs.
Assist with the management of swab results.
Adhere to Trust policies and participate in development of the service.
The post holder will be based at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Corporate Directorate based at Nottingham City Hospital.
Working for our organisation
This role will be working with a dedicated team to support and undertake the COVID swab screening of preoperative patients and symptomatic staff and household contacts.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To undertake and support the COVID PCR testing.
Assist with outbreak management and the testing of asymptomatic staff on affected ward areas.
Processing of PCR test results and their communication.
- GCSE English & Maths Grade C or equivalent
- Experience or NVQ level 2/3 in Healthcare
- Working within a health care setting or similar discipline.
- Substantive experience of working with IT systems
- Experience of NHS environment
- Demonstrate clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Planning and Organisation
- Ability to prioritise and adjust as appropriate, own workload to ensure tasks are progressed/completed in timely manner
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sam Gamble
- Job title
- Testing Lead
- Email address
- Additional information
Deputy OH Manager