Sexual Health Nurse
We are looking for a hard working, enthusiastic band 5 nurse with an interest in sexual health to join the integrated sexual health service at NUH. The sexual health nurse works autonomously and as a team member to provide sexual health services, contraception and outpatient services to HIV patients.
Sexual health services are delivered in the hubs, spokes and various outreach settings. The post holder will be expected to deliver clinics within the various settings.
Main duties of the job
In addition to the below summary you need to familiarize yourself with full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert
NUH offers all sexual health services within a variety of locations to meet the needs of the patients. Contraception, STI diagnosis and treatment, sexual dysfunction, HIV management, partner notification, health promotion and counselling are offered at the main hubs at Nottingham City Hospital and Victoria Health Centre and a number community settings. Targeted services are offered in non-traditional healthcare settings for hard to reach groups.
The sexual health service operates from 8.30-19.00, Monday to Friday and 09.30-14.00 on Saturdays. Occasionally out of hours services are also delivered in outreach settings.
Working for our organisation
The Integrated Sexual Health team at NUH are a friendly and forward thinking team. Services are delivered in a variety of settings to meet the needs of population of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. The post holder will join a clinical team of health care assistant's, nurse's, doctors, counsellors, psychotherapist and outreach workers to deliver sexual health and contraception to our patients.
Trainee doctors and nurses are frequently allocated placements within the sexual health service. All members of the team are actively involved in their training.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please familiarize yourself with the full job description and person specification documents attached to this advert.
Communication and relationship skills
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate self-awareness and understanding of personal accountability
- Demonstration of team working and ability to work within a team
- Current level one NMC registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development / reflective profile
- Competent in medicines management
- Evidence of post basic study
- Interest in sexual health & willingness to learn
- Possession of a Mentoring Certificate
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Foundation (STIF) Level Qualification
- Recognised Contraception and/or Sexual Health qualification
- Supervision of non-registered staff and students
- Ability to convey sensitive information in an empathetic manner to patients, relative/carers and staff
- Evidence of Safeguarding Training
- Demonstrate an involvement in link nurse, or project work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Ria Collier
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number