Community Hospital Nurse - Surrey Downs H&C
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
At Epsom and St Helier Hospitals, above all we value respect. We put respect at the heart of all we do, by living up to our shared behaviours of kindness, professionalism, positivity and teamwork. This enables us to provide great patient care and make ESTH a great place to work. When you sign up to work with us, you sign up to this and we welcome applicants who share our values
Surrey Downs Health & Care
We have exciting opportunities for Band 5 Nurses to work across our Community Hospitals (listed below) within Surrey Downs Health & Care. If you are passionate about caring for people and making a difference within your community, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for nursing staff from all backgrounds particularly at a Band 5 level including newly qualified, looking for a change, maybe wanting to work locally, excited by the difference of working as part of a multidisciplinary team focuses on the rehabilitation of patients with the aim is to help patients return to living independently, or with care or other support.
To work within the team, contributing to team management and the development of innovative practice. To be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care packages.
We have our own Learning & Development Department that have a range of different courses and development plans that give you the opportunity to grow your career.
Main duties of the job
We provide 24 hour nursing care for people needing rehabilitation. The aim is to help patients return to living independently, or with care or other support.
Care can include rehabilitation, such as physiotherapy and occupational therapy, as well as nursing care, such as pain control, wound care and continence assessment. Each hospital has close links with other services, such as social care and District Nursing teams, to ensure that care continues after discharge.
We also provide care for people at the end of their lives, allowing patients to be cared for in their local community hospital, if that is where they choose to be.
All of our hospital wards provide single sex accommodation, including separate bathroom and toilet facilities for our male and female patients. At NEECH we also provide four specialist beds for patients with neurological conditions, including stroke.
Please see a list of our different community hospitals below. Please select from the drop down application which area you are interested in working when applying.
- Dorking Hospital
- NEECH (New Epsom & Ewell Community Hospital) - please note this service is due to relocate in 2023 to Epsom General Hospital
Working for our organisation
Surrey Downs Health and Care (SDHC) deliver care closer to people’s own communities through our Primary Care Networks and our innovative partnership of local NHS organisations.
Surrey Downs Health and Care has a track record of providing person centric care that goes beyond organisational boundaries to do what is best for the individual. This partnership includes:
- The three GP federations GP Health Partners, Dorking Health Care and Surrey Medical Network representing practices that operate in the Surrey Downs area
- CSH Surrey
- Epsom and St Helier’s University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Surrey Council County
Historically, there have been boundary lines between the organisations that provide care to people in their homes, in GP surgeries and in hospitals, but we have always been united in our mission to provide great care to the people who need us.
It’s on those grounds that the Surrey Downs Health and Care was formed – we want local people to receive the care that they need in the right environment. By bringing together our expertise, we can improve patient care and enable local people to access the right support, care and treatment more easily than ever before.
In bringing this partnership together, we are working to the same set of values that will translate into better care for our residents.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To work as part of the team and be accountable in the provision of a high standard of individual quality client care, within the agreed guidelines.
- To treat all clients as individuals, respecting their privacy and dignity at all times.
- To participate in the assessment process of care needs and implementation programmes of holistic care
- Involving, supporting, informing and educating family/carers.
- To take every opportunity to promote health and wellbeing of clients.
- To work without direct supervision and to maintain close liaison with the Senior Team Member
- To maintain clear and comprehensive, signed and contemporaneous records according to company procedures.
- To maintain, develop and monitor standards of evidence based nursing care
- To maintain own professional and clinical integrity in line with NMC guidelines.
- To support/mentor team members and participate in clinical supervision activities.
- To work in co-operation and partnership with all other professionals and agencies involved in the care of the client.
- To be aware of and act upon when necessary, procedures that are in place to protect vulnerable individuals.
- To participate in the company’s Clinical Governance Strategy.
- To participate in the company’s Risk Management Strategy
- To undertake any such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with responsibilities and scale of the post.
- NMC Registration
- Passionate about working to rehabilitate patients
- Post registration experience
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Charlotte Payne
- Job title
- Senior HR & OD Advisor
- Email address