Crynodeb o'r swydd
Diabetes Nurse - band 6
NHS AfC: Band 6
We want to give you the best possible experience in the next stage of your career.
We strive to be the best place to work and the best place to be cared for. We pride ourselves on supporting our colleagues to thrive in their existing roles and to develop their careers with us.
That’s why we’re so proud that in the last staff survey our colleagues rated us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts when asked if they would recommend us as a place to work.
At SASH, you can access:
- an attractive benefits package;
- excellent training and development opportunities;
- flexibility; and
- an ethos built on team work.
- SASH is a major local employer, with a diverse workforce of c5,000 providing healthcare services to a growing population of around 535,000.
- We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill.
- We offer a full range of acute and complex services at East Surrey Hospital in Redhill, where we are the nearest trauma unit to Gatwick Airport.
- We provide a range of outpatient, diagnostic and less complex planned services at The Earlswood Centre, Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey, and at Crawley and Horsham Hospitals in West Sussex.
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission
- One of the best performing Trusts in England
- A National Patient Safety Awards winner
- In the top 20% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work and receive treatment
- Our staff rate us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts when asked if they would recommend the Trust as a place to work
- Our staff also rank us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts when asked whether care of patients is the organisation’s top priority
- We achieved the top acute hospital score in the country for staff engagement in the last national staff survey
- In 2019, we were crowned best dementia-friendly hospital in the country and shortlisted at the Health Service Journal Awards for organisation of the year.
- Our location: you can access beautiful countryside, historic towns and villages and bustling city life all nearby. With good schools, nature reserves and cultural attractions on our doorstep, and both London and Brighton easily accessible too, there’s something for everyone nearby.
- On-site nursery
- Free on-site car parking for staff
- On-site Boots and WHSmith shops
- Restaurant facilities
- Full educational library services
- Excellent rail and bus links
- Metrobus, local bus operator offer all new staff one month's free travel to East Surrey Hospital when they first join (please visit the Metrobus website for details and terms and conditions)
- Lockable storage for cycles
- NHS pension scheme
- A huge range of Health Service Discounts at hundreds of big brands from holidays to gadgets and restaurants to retail.
There are lots of good reasons to come and work at Surrey & Sussex NHS Healthcare Trust; recently inspected by the CQC and rated as Outstanding being just one of them.
This is a very special time to join the diabetes team as we are expanding our team. We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, experienced nurse to assist with the development of our diabetes inpatient service. The post holder will lead on the education of in-patients who have diabetes, as well as holding responsibility for the staff education programme.
The successful candidate will have personal qualities appropriate to this high profile role and will be fully supported in developing their professional expertise as necessary.
For an informal visit or further information please contact the diabetes nurses at The Earlswood Diabetes Centre 01737 231788
Interview date: 17th March 2021
Rhaid i chi gael cofrestriad proffesiynol priodol yn y DU.
Mae'r swydd hon yn ddarostyngedig i Orchymyn Deddf Adsefydlu Troseddwyr (Eithriadau) 1975 a bydd angen gwneud cais am Ddatgeliad gan y Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
Rhagor o fanylion / cyswllt ar gyfer ymweliadau anffurfiol
- Susan Stockley
- Teitl y swydd
- Consultant Diabetes & Genetic Specialist Nurse
- Cyfeiriad ebost
- Rhif ffôn