We are proud to offer a Healthcare Assistant position in Ward 2 Medicine at our Wexham Park Hospital site. Our team are enthusiastic, friendly, hard-working people who always provide the best healthcare to patients. Trainings will be provided to the successful applicants.
Main duties of the job
You will be primarily assisting the nursing team with care of the patients and will facilitate the smooth running of the department. You need to be driven and prepared to deliver high quality care and attention to detail. In this role you can look forward to a career full of development opportunities and the support from an excellent team of healthcare professionals on Ward 2.
You will also have access to a full program of training and development as well as a range of employee benefits.
When joining Frimley Health, we can offer you a supportive working environment as well as training and development to meet your needs. If you have an interest in providing exceptional patient care as well as developing your clinical knowledge and skills then please apply!
Working for our organisation
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our three core values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To undertake agreed clinical activities including collection of urine and faecal samples, swabs, recording of fluid intake/output, changing of stomas and urine drainage bags, catheter care, recording of pulse/temperature/blood pressure/saturations and MET scoring, and to advise the team nurse of any changes in a patient’s condition.
- To assist patients to eat and drink as required, assisting in menu selection and being aware of special diets and cultural requirements.
- To enable and assist patients to maintain their personal hygiene.
- To contribute to the safe movement of patients, using equipment to mobilise and move patients, after mobility assessment, to ensure patient comfort.
- To answer the ward telephone as required
- To assist with discharge procedures
- To maintain patient records.
- To tidy rooms and bed areas, and to clean and strip beds and remake after patient discharge, dealing with disposal of soiled linen as per policy
- To ensure ward equipment is suitably maintained and cleaned frequently.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- Previous experience of dealing with the general public
- Experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience of manual handling
- Experience on a hospital ward
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Ability to follow clear instructions and feedback from staff
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- • Willingness to work full shift patterns, including early/late/night shifts and weekends and bank holidays
Values and Behaviours
- We will expect your values and behaviours to mirror those of the Trust
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Malou De Chavez
- Job title
- Senior Sister/Charge Nurse
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0300 615 3132