Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust is delighted to offer a very exciting opportunity for a midwife to join our Maternity Assessment team at Wexham Park Hospital.
We are excited to expand our team in our assessment centre. Our Maternity Assessment Centre is made up out of 6 assessment rooms, including our Day Assessment Unit. We have a dedicated Telephone Triage Midwife team which enables us to be fully patient focussed.
We are looking for a midwife who is able to work in a fast-paced environment, has good decision-making skills and is able to prioritise tasks in a safe and effective way. If you are looking to work in an environment where you can be patient-focussed and be part of a great and efficient team, then we are looking for you!
We offer post-registration education and development that enables our midwives to become confident practitioners in each area they work in.
Apply today to become part of our great team who strive to give the very best care to our diverse community every day.
Main duties of the job
- The post holder will adhere to and have knowledge of the NMC's Midwives Rules and Code of Midwifery Practice.
- Practice as an experienced, registered midwife who will be the main point of contact for patients and their families when they attend our Maternity Assessment Centre.
- Provide effective, safe and individualised women-centred care to women and their families when day attend our maternity assessment centre from 16 weeks of pregnancy to 28 days post-delivery.
- To maintain a professional standard that enhances the unit environment and promotes the wellbeing of patients and colleagues.
Working for our organisation
I am Emma Luhr, Director of Midwifery at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, and we are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals like yourself, to join our fantastic and supportive expanding team of Midwives at both our hospital and community sites at Wexham Park .
Frimley Health is a great place to work and progress your career in the Midwifery profession. We are the 4th largest trust to deliver maternity services in England, with a dedicated Head of Midwifery at both sites, a team of Matrons and Practice Development team to not only support you, but enable our Midwives, Support Workers to deliver high quality care to all our women and progress the National Maternity Transformation Agenda.
If you join our team I can personally assure you that you will have access to excellent opportunities including:
- Comprehensive bespoke preceptorship programme if you have just qualified
- Developmental programmes for all members of the team that are individualised depending on need
- Leadership development at all levels
- Trust supported development opportunities
- Career progression & development
- Support for Masters/further study
- Involvement in national research projects
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To acknowledge professional accountability by demonstrating and ensuring high standards of practice.
- To be responsible for the assessment planning, implementation and evaluation of care during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods.
- To facilitate birth either in the hospital or home setting.
- To be the lead professional and be responsible in providing midwife-led care to low risk women.
- To be aware of the need for changes in professional practice, whilst acting as a resource for women, their families and colleagues.
- In conjunction with the Practice Development Team analysing personal training needs and making changes to clinical practice where appropriate.
- To participate in the setting, implementing and monitoring of clinical standards.
- To participate in the achievement and maintenance of high standards of service using the task of clinical audit, consumer satisfaction surveys to their full effect.
- To record information accurately, and complete documentation in compliance with the NMC Code.
- To enter information accurately onto the electronic maternity patient information system.
- Degree in Midwifery
- Registered Midwife
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Karin Vandewalle
- Job title
- Recruitment & Retention Midwife
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0300 615 6601
- Additional information
Maternity Assessment Centre Lead Midwives:
0300 615 4520
0300 615 4520