Mental Health Practitioner/Care Co-Ordinator (RMN, OT or Social Worker) HMP High Down
We are looking for a highly skilled Care Coordinator to join our progressive and welcoming Mental Health Team at HMP High Down. This role is open to registered Social Workers, Nurses or affiliated professions with experience of working within a community setting or CMHT. If you enjoy new challenges, putting your skills/training into practice, and working within a supportive team – then we’d love to hear from you. Previous experience of working within in prison is desirable, but not essential.
HMP High Down is a purpose-built prison for men who are sentenced or on remand. Working within our Mental Health In Reach Team will provide you with the opportunity to use all of your clinical and interpersonal skills, an opportunity to progress your professional development, and to support a unique population who need your particular skill set. You could make a real difference through your approach and the interventions you provide.
The role involves assessing and treating patients, accepting referrals, carrying out triage, liaising with the multidisciplinary team, providing effective case management to a defined caseload, and carrying out effective care planning within the CPA framework.
So why join CNWL?
- This post will attract the **Golden Hello**, a recruitment incentive bonus of 10% of gross salary to a maximum of £2500. Further details are included in the attached document.
- Excellent progression through various career pathway opportunities
- Support and guidance with Revalidation
- Ongoing supervision and appraisals
- Hidden Gem and annual award ceremonies
- Excellent staff benefits: our benefit packages are amongst the best in London and include: childcare vouchers, health and wellbeing services, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and relocation package. We are also proud to support our employees with continued professional development opportunities and further education subject to service needs.
- We welcome flexible working and will consider part-time applicants.
We are a friendly team that welcome questions and informal visits - please do not hesitate to get in touch!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Izzy Greenhalgh
- Job title
- Mental Health Team Lead
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 020 7147 6651
- Additional information