Community Staff Nurse with interest in IV & Injectable Administration
Wirral Community Health & Care NHS Foundation Trust's common purpose:
We will support you and your community to live well.
Supportive and caring, listening to others.
Communicating openly, honestly and sharing ideas.
Trusted to deliver, feeling valued and safe.
Wirral Community Health & Care NHS Foundation Trust provides high quality community health and social services which are responsive to the needs of our local population. Services are delivered by our dedicated and innovative multi disciplinary professionals and supported by equally committed staff behind the scenes. We strive to continue developing and improving our services by working with and listening to our populations, partners, commissioners and staff.
Working for Wirral Community Health & Care NHS Foundation Trust offers you a great opportunity to be a part of a talented, passionate and committed team delivering excellent community based services throughout Wirral and surrounding areas.
Community Staff Nurse Band 5 with a keen interest in, and with the skills for IV and injectable administration.
Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit Community Staff Nurse's to various bases across Wirral with various hours on offer.
Main duties of the job
Whilst community experience would be an advantage we are keen to recruit those who have relevant transferable skills who are enthusiastic to develop their career in the community setting with an interest in and with the skills for IV and injectable administration, to work predominantly administering IV Neutralising Monoclonal Antibodies to Covid positive patients.
Working for our organisation
Working for your organisation
You will be required to work predominantly day shifts on a flexible rota, including weekends and Bank Holidays; however you may be required to work shifts across the 24 hour period depending on service needs. Access to a car for work purposes is essential.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The posts require good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be adaptable, reliable and approachable. You will have a sound knowledge of recent changes within the NHS and current professional issues. You will be working in a lone capacity under the direction of a Team Leader and in conjunction with other team members, ensuring clinical standards are maintained using evidence based practice.
You will have a good knowledge of the components of Clinical Governance, Best Practice, Risk Management, Clinical Audit and relevant Professional Codes. You will be flexible, adaptable and reliable and be able to evidence excellent clinical skills.
- Access to a car for work purposes
- Registered General Nurse educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Current NMC registration
- Evidence of further recent professional development
- Mentorship module or working towards
Experience and knowledge
- Understanding of National Government initiatives in health and social care and how they impact on local services
- Knowledge of a broad range of conditions, experienced by patients in community and general practice settings. This will include LTCs, for example diabetes, coronary heart disease, heart failure, hypertension and stroke, COPD, arthritis, dementia and other common mental illnesses, frailty and palliative and end of life care.
- An understanding of the presentations of multiple pathology, depression and anxiety states and frailty, predominantly in older people.
- Knowledge of the management of uncomplicated symptoms in those patients with palliative or terminal care needs and enhanced communication skills to confidently manage uncertainty
- Understands the role of the Staff Nurse on the Community
- Community Nursing experience
Skills and attributes
- Will be required to undertake all core competencies
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Effective organisational skills
- Ability to articulate the evidence underpinning patients’ care plans and interventions.
- Computer Literate
- Competent in cannulation and administration of IV medication ( or willingness to complete training )
- FIT tested for use of FFP3 masks- or willing to be tested
- Evidence of managing people and complex situations
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Job title
- Flexible Staffing and recruitment manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
For more information Please contact Laura Barton