Primary Care Mental Health Practitioner
We provide healthcare services to people living in Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf county borough areas, serving a population of around 450,000. We are ideally situated between Wales’s capital city, Porthcawl to the west, and the stunning scenery in the Brecon Beacons.
Our vision is to care for our communities and patients by preventing ill-health, promoting better health, providing excellent services and reducing the need for inpatient care wherever possible through the provision of strengthened home, primary and community care.
We value the diversity of our staff and welcome applications from people from protected groups under the Equality Act 2010, this specifically includes age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, race/nationality, religion/belief, disability, pregnancy and maternity and marriage and civil partnership.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg is a Living Wage Employer.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
All applicants are invited to apply in Welsh or English, and no preference will be given to applications submitted in either language.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Primary Care Mental Health Practitioner’s to work as part of an Enhanced Cluster Team. This multidisciplinary team will provide community support for GP’s and the post holder will offer specialist mental health support to promote positive mental health behaviours, access to assessment, treatment and advice.
The successful applicant will be required to provide services to a number of GP practices within an Enhanced Cluster Team.
We would welcome an application from you if you:-
- Have a genuine interest in working with people who are experiencing mental health difficulties within the primary care setting?
- Have a flexible working approach with variety of mental health needs?
- Are you forward thinking, and highly organised?
The role will involve:-
• The post-holder will provide high quality care and advice to patients with mental health problems as well as take decisions to signpost individuals onto appropriate community service support.
- The post holder will work as part of a multidisciplinary Enhanced Cluster Team within a community setting to support GP’s and other practice staff.
- The post holder will liaise closely with Third sector organisation, Local Primary Mental Health Support Services (LPMHSS) and Secondary Care Mental Health Services including crisis teams and to ensure seamless and purposeful pathways of care.
- There will be an expectation to produce evidence that can be used to inform future service design and commissioning of services. This will include using outcome measures, and promoting the highest possible utilisation of the service.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
There will be an expectation to work across the 4 clusters. Rhondda/Taff Ely/Merthyr/Cynon ILG.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Esther Whitelock
- Job title
- Primary Care Specialist Mental Health Practitioner
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07557 930607
- Additional information