Staff Nurse – Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Location: Women’s Health Unit, Basingstoke Hospital
An opportunity has arisen for two part-time Staff Nurses to join us on the fantastic Women's Health Unit. These positions are fixed term contracts to cover maternity leave for a period of 12 months.
What we look for:
- Commitment to delivering high quality nursing care
- Candidates must demonstrate good communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Someone with a passion and enthusiasm for providing care to women on a specialist unit
What we Offer:
- Opportunity to develop specialist knowledge
- Excellent work-life balance. We are happy to consider applications with flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements; this can be discussed at interview. We would be happy to consider sole night shifts or weekends for the right candidate
- Encouragement to develop extended skills such as venepuncture and cannulation
- Opportunity to work within the Early Pregnancy Unit if desired.
- Two week induction to the unit whereby you will have the opportunity to observe surgical procedures and specialist clinics
- Supportive line managers
Who we are:
We are a small, friendly department who pride ourselves on working together as part of a team. Our unit consists of 10 beds, caring for women undergoing both breast and gynaecological operations as well as caring for women up to 16 weeks of pregnancy.
About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of £382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Ward Sister Sarah Jennings or Deputy Sister Georgie Creedy on 01256 313583/4.