Clinical Specialist (Nurse)
The C&I Early Intervention Service is in the process of an exciting expansion.
Our ambition is to be a Gold Standard Service, faithful to the EIP model, capable of having a real impact on relapse rates, inpatient admissions and service user recovery in terms of social inclusion, maximising strengths and potential. We would like to invite the most energetic, motivated and competent practitioners to join us in moving further towards this goal.
Main duties of the job
The Islington Early Intervention Service has an opportunity for 4 Band 6 Clinical Specialist Nurses. We are an innovative and forward-thinking team working with service users experiencing a First Episode of Psychosis (FEP).
Both Camden & Islington teams are well-established, multi-disciplinary teams serving culturally diverse London Boroughs. The teams promote a full symptomatic and social recovery, with an emphasis on assisting service users into valued education and occupation. The teams also have a strong research ethic, participating in several multi-Centre studies.
The service aims are:
• To offer early assessment, diagnosis and treatment of FEP.
• To offer person centred, individual, culturally sensitive care, with an emphasis on increasing stability, skill development and developing social roles.
• To maximize both symptomatic and social recovery after a first episode of psychosis through effective engagement with service users.
• To minimize the service user’s first experiences of service contact being disconcerting or stigmatizing.
• To support and educate carers, and involve them as fully as possible in service users’ care.
Working for our organisation
At Camden and Islington NHS foundation trust our staff and service users have worked closely to create a set of values that make sure people who use our services get the best possible chance of a rapid recovery.
We have 3 key priorities which are:
- Early and Effective Intervention,
- Helping People to Live Well
- Research and Innovation
The cultural pillars that help us achieve our key priorities are:
- We value each other
- We are empowered
- We keep things simple
- We are connected
By coming to work at Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust you will be joining a Trust with a national reputation for research, where services recognise that research underpins its commitment to providing high quality and innovative clinical care.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The successful post holder will act as care co-ordinator for a defined group of clients. The team is looking to recruit an individual who can work autonomously within a multi-disciplinary team structure.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge base of health and psycho-social interventions for first episode psychosis clients. This post would suit applicants with prior experience in mental health wishing to develop their skills in a community setting. Team members benefit from a supportive team environment, with clinical supervision, peer support and training including the Early Intervention training programme. There is also the opportunity to contribute to the development and evaluation of a group programme for service users.
- Qualified and Registered Nurse
- Other advanced relevant training i.e. CBT in psychosis/dynamics of mental health practice / Mentalisation Based Therapy / NMP etc.
- Demonstrable experience in a senior specialist capacity caring for people with first episode psychosis in a community care or inpatient setting.
- Sound practical experience of patient / service user care and engagement within the wider context of the organisation
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Mental Health legislation, its application and use in practice.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rachel Busby
- Job title
- Service Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Rachel Busby EIS Service Manager 07768 607601
Lourdes Gutierrez Islington EIS Team Manager (020 3317 6610)