University Nursing Graduates - Opportunities at Scarborough Hospital
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
- We are KIND
- We are OPEN
- We pursue EXCELLENCE
We are looking for applications from people who share our values to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population
People for Patients. Our People, our Patients, our Priority
Small location, big opportunities to grow...
Are you just beginning your nursing career?
We currently have a range of exciting opportunities across many of our general nursing areas designed to suit you. We will always endeavour to offer you a role in your preferred area, so simply submit your application telling us your top three choices. If you are only interested in one particular area please just let us know.
How to apply for a University Nursing Graduate role?
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to apply, and have a bespoke shortened application form specifically for our University Nursing Graduates. If you are interested, please do not click the apply button on the advert. Please apply by completing the attached application form on this advert. Please open / download the attachment 'University Nursing Graduate, application', complete the form and then forward it to email@example.com
Main duties of the job
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care in accordance with York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept.
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
- Undertake duties on different wards/departments as and when required by service demands
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures
- Education and Training
This description indicates the main functions and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to be a complete list. It will be amended as necessary in the event of future changes.
Working for our organisation
York & Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital, community and specialist healthcare services for approximately 800,000 people living in and around York, North Yorkshire, North East Yorkshire and Ryedale - an area covering 3,400 square miles, and which includes Scarborough and Bridlington.
Our mission is to be a valued and trusted partner within our care system, delivering safe effective care to the population we serve.
We’re situated in a fantastic part of the country: home to two national parks, a beautiful coastline, and the city of York, which is consistently voted one of the best to live in the UK.
It’s our privilege to be the largest provider of healthcare in the region and we are incredibly proud of our 8,500 staff, working across 9 hospital sites, supporting safe, high quality patient-centred care on a day-to-day basis.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For more information please see the job description attached
Unfortunately International/Overseas applications to this vacancy will not be processed, we have suspended applications until Spring 2022.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance through a of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.
What we can offer you as a University Nursing Graduate
- NMC Registration fee We will pay your admission fee for entry onto the NMC register
- Relocation payment You may be eligible for financial support of up to £750 if you are relocating to join our Trust.
- Refer a Friend As an employee of the Trust you could receive a £250 payment if you refer a nurse to us who subsequently takes up employment in our Trust (paid after the new starter completes 4-months in post).
You will automatically be enrolled in our 12 month preceptorship programme. This is an established preceptorship scheme designed around your continuous development with nursing skills, leadership, values and the importance of care and compassion.
Here are some of the comments that our recently recruited newly qualified staff fed back about our preceptorship programme;
“Stress free learning environment”
“The opportunity to voice worries & concerns in a safe environment”
“Nice to have protected time away from the departments”
“A chance to learn & develop further skills”
“Getting to know the specialist & senior teams”
- You will receive a local induction and also a period of supervised practice in which you will retain supernumerary status
- You will have the support of an assigned preceptor/mentor.
- You will receive support from our team of Professional Education Facilitators
- You will paid a band 5 salary while awaiting registration with the NMC
For further information about our fantastic preceptorship programme please feel free to contact our dedicated Quality and Professional Practice Sister, Vicky Angell on 01904 724052 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to provide you with some further details.
If you are interested in Opportunities in York please apply to 419-2022UNG-YORK
If you are currently already working with us as a student nurse or on an extended student placement please contact the Recruitment Team on 01904 721631, as you will be eligible for our fast track recruitment process.
Please note when you have submitted your application you will receive a phone call from the Recruitment Team, this is a withheld number, after submitting your application to discuss the next steps for arranging an interview. All Nurses are offered a guaranteed interview at the Trust.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
As you may have contact with vulnerable service users in the course of your role with us, Covid-19 full vaccination is a condition of your employment, unless an exemption applies. We will therefore seek proof of you being fully vaccinated during the recruitment process. You can prove that you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by providing us with an NHS Covid-19 pass, an EU Digital COVID Certificate, the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention vaccination card or a certificate in English issued by the competent health authority which contains your full name, date of birth, the name and manufacturer of the vaccine that you received, the date that you received each dose of the vaccine and details of either the identity of the issuer of the certificate or the country of vaccination, or both.
You can find more information on how to obtain an NHS Covid-19 pass by clicking on this link- https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass
- NMC registered, NMC applied for or due to graduate from a programme eligible for NMC in 2017 or early 2018
- Willing to undertake training as necessary
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Recruitment Team
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01904 721631
- Additional information